About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
Reporting to the Director of Data Operations and Tools, the Director Analytics Tools and Prototypes is responsible for leading development of Gap Inc next-generation data products and tools to drive evidenced-based decision making across all functions and roles in the enterprise.
What you'll do
- In partnership with Product Management for Data Products and key business leaders, develop a strategic roadmap for data products and tools that enable team across the enterprise to drive business outcomes
- In partnership with Product Management for Data Platforms and GapTech, influence the roadmap and solution-decision for Gap Inc enterprise analytics and reporting platforms
- Lead team responsible for rapid development and delivery of enterprise-level data products (e.g. dashboards, simulation tools) leveraging Enterprise Data Platform capabilities including creation of both front-end and back-end data assets
- Leverage design and testing capabilities to create new analytics, visualizations, and analytical tools that drive adoption and outcome goals
- Manage ongoing development and enhancements against key product performance metrics (such as outcomes, adoption, speed to insight, scaleepeatability)
- Develop prototypes for more complex use cases to provide viability of capabilities prior to migrating to GapTech supported product roadmap
- Develop and mentor members of the Tools and Prototypes team
- Build a talent roadmap to meet the needs of the business
- Evolve the capabilities of the team as required to support the business
- Strongly contribute to build a prototype / minimal viable product (MVP) mindset towards tackling broad business opportunities across the enterprise
- Participate in external, industry-wide forums around data and analytics for core disciplines of our business (e.g. inventory management, marketing) to introduce new best practices to Gap Inc where appropriate
- Serve as a broad-based resource for thought-partnership across a wide range of functions in the organization
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence functions
- 2+ years of building and leading high performing teams
- Deep knowledge of retail and ecommerce domains highly desirable
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Able to influence and collaborate across a wide range of roles and functions to drive adoptions for products created
- Proficient in data access methods for transaction databases
- Experience implementing analytical methods and dashboards at scale highly desired
- Passionate about data quality as well as building scalable solutions through rapid prototyping and iteration
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operations research); Master’s degree highly desired, but not required.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs