Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Manager, SMS will partner with the Sr Director, Global Direct Marketing to build out and optimize a SMS program within the Gap multi-channel marketing program. He /she will play an active role in the design and execution of SMS program launch as well as the management of weekly/monthly/annual on-boarding/activation programs and on-going campaign development.
• Partner with the Sr Director Global Marketing to design and implement an innovative, data driven, omni SMS vision that is rooted in testing, customer insights and analytics, and drives customer loyalty and growth
• Maintain updated SMS calendars and roadmap and oversee SMS campaign execution ensuring proper planning, timelines and deliverables
• Target data capture/activation towards customers impacted by store closures to create another channel of communication and to test and refine campaigns through this new channel for Gap.
• Develop segmentation strategy, campaign objectives and brief creative for the SMS format versioning, QA and drive to results and analysis
• Help build ad-hoc and recurring audiences, including test and control segments, for multi-channel campaign execution (direct-mail, email, SMS, mobile app, digital and social targeting)
• Set-up manual and automated customer journeys which include SMS and other marketing channels
• Coordinate with key partners (email, digital, creative, production, data & analytics, Loyalty, store ops, external vendors) to execute SMS programs
• Partner with other members of the Customer team to ensure that CRM, Loyalty and Card initiatives and targeting are harmonized to maximize reach and effectiveness
• Partner with Analytics team to perform regular campaign response analysis and impact of programs on different customer segments
• Use learnings and key insights to make recommendations and optimize segmentation for future campaigns
• Participate in the integration process of new vendors as it relates to his / her area of responsibilities, including learning new platforms and campaign management tools, facilitating the build and QA of sample use cases, launching pilot campaigns and audiences, onboarding new channels (example: SMS, Clienteling)
• Attend cross-functional working groups to represent SMS as needed, and coordinate with the Sr Director for alignment
• Ensure that budget, expenses and forecasts are maintained and up to date
Who you are
• 5+ years of CRM / Campaign Management experience
• Experience in Retail or similar industry preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields
• CRM – Strong experience in CRM and campaign management, with a proven track record of bringing CRM programs to life in different channels
• CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT – experience with designing and running campaigns end-to-end, including planning, execution and hind sighting
• TECHNOLOGY – deep working knowledge of CRM technology and campaign management tools. Experience with advanced platforms like Adobe Campaign, Salesforce, CheetahMail, SAS, IBM Uniqa or comparable tools is strongly preferred. Understanding of the interconnectivity between technology and customer experience
• DATA – good understanding of marketing and operational databases and data manipulation
• STRATEGIC AND ANALYTICAL THINKER – Analytical mindset, with proven track record at grounding recommendations in data
• ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Must be organized, detail oriented, and produce high quality deliverables
• ORGANIZATION AGILITY – ability to navigate complex organizations and effectively work cross-functionally
• COLLABORATION proven ability to influence others at different levels in the organization and work cross-functionally in a matrix environment
• ADAPTABILITY – comfortable in a changing environment, able to adjust to new dynamics and shifting priorities as needed. Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• AUTONOMY – comfortable in driving independently towards agreed upon results, while regularly checking in and escalating as needed
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.