About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The role of the IM team is to maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Ownership of business spans US & Canada markets.
Pre-season: Own department pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy-plans, and assortment architecture. Create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams.
In-season: Owns department in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment and in-season pricing.
What you'll do
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments at the style level to support
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across multiple categories
- Create department and class pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
- Create inventory investment (style-color level buy) plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, IMU%, and inventory targets
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast; incorporate current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Manage inventory and pricing strategy to exceed budgeted results
- Cultivate strong working relationships multiple cross-functional partners to ensure business success
Who you are
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs