About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As Creative Director of Design (Art Director) for Loyalty and CRM, you will be responsible for leading numerous strategic marketing programs within our Loyalty and CRM pillar. You will partner closely with our marketers and Loyalty team to help strategize and creatively concept programs that build client love and drive purchase. You will also collaborate and manage agencies that we partner with to ensure that Old Navy brand tone and manner is consistent. You are a systems thinker/designer. You thrive in coming up with solutions that are creative and can scale across multiple channels. Reporting to the VP Creative, you will be leading your team to innovate and build the Old Navy brand from concept to execution.
What you'll do
Support VP Creative and lead your team to develop strategic marketing campaign concepts and provide creative solutions that meets business objectives within Loyalty and CRM.
Lead multiple projects and manage/motivate multiple teams of designers
Direct your team to build concept boards and design across multiple channels.
Delegate/Assign work, including monitoring team bandwidth and finding synergies where possible.
Present creative in various settings.
Partner closely with other Creative leadership, Editorial, Program Management, Production and Marketing to develop and deliver creative for robust 360 consumer experiences.
Build relationship with cross-functional partners across the organization at the Director and above level.
Direct the work of strategic agency partners.
Who you are
- 10+ years of design and art direction experience.
- Portfolio that shows Loyalty and CRM experience across email, direct mail, site assets, paid media and paid social.
- BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design.
- Team management experience.
Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience concepting/design/art directing campaigns.
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to collaborate and work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
- Ability to juggle between multiple projects.
- Strong presentation skills, and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
- Knowledge and experience in retail, beauty/fashion and understand current industry related trends
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs