About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- Conducts analysis and creates plans that supports the development of pre-season assortment strategies, financial plans, and style level investments including:
Supports the overall development of inventory management theory within the organization
Develops analysis to assess the best approach for Buy Planning and Allocation tools
Demonstrates strong understanding of Gap Inc. Inventory Management systems
- Supports the development of new tools/solutions and enhancements to existing tools in support of merchandise planning analytics and overall inventory management
- Part of the inventory management divisional team and supports Director of IM and GM in both current business activities as well as strategic initiatives
Partner with Gap Inc functions to represent Brand approach to analytics
Connects inventory management and assortment strategies to systematic “smart starts”
Owns the implementation of analytical inputs into Buy Planning and Allocation tools
Who you areMinimum educational level
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to formulate data based strategies and recommendations
- Ability to gather, manipulate and interpret large amounts of data
- Ability to present and communicate with leadership
- Ability to balance maintaining a strong point of view while being open to input from others
- Strong excel skills and the ability to learn other tools/software as needed (Access, Essbase, Microstrategy, etc)
- Proven ability to drive results through financial strategies
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad group of business partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of inventory optimization concepts and principles
- Strong mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Strong listening skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs