Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position is part of Gap North America (NA) Specialty Company Planning which leads sales, margin, and inventory planning for Gap Specialty stores in NA. This position plays an integral role in performing all forecasting for sales lifts, ROI, and hindsighting. In addition, the Manager will have responsibility for measuring in-store and omni promotional performance, while supporting leadership with communication regarding these activities. In developing and gaining omni alignment to annual, seasonal and contingency plans, this position partners with key cross-functional leaders within Marketing, Finance, Store Operations, Inventory Management, and Field.
What you'll do
- Lead analysis for omni promotional campaigns to assist in financial goal-setting for NA Gap stores.
- Manage Promotion strategies by providing Marketing teams with omni event recaps to guide future investments and promotional activity that drives traffic and sales.
- Partner with Omni Company Planning teams to forecast daily sales.
- Partner with Global Consumer Payments team to review and influence cardholder events and metrics.
- Report on effectiveness of promotional offers to Marketing business partners, Finance partners, and the Leadership team.
- Summarize performance by vehicle and event, maintaining comprehensive recap of event incrementality across all vehicles.
- Take initiative to enhance Omni performance exception-based reporting, build business cases and influence strategic decisions of Senior Leadership.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus. 5-7 years of work experience, preferably with marketing, omni retail planning or a related field.
- Experience with consumer promotions fundamentals; developing an integrated incentive strategy across retail environments, and knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of promotional tactics to achieve sales and margin objectives.
- Understanding of best practices in apparel retail promotions and channel specific marketing tactics.
- Emphasis on interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead influential conversations with executive management and to articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner.
- Exceptional written, listening, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to create and deliver presentations with clarity and impact.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools and ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt work style/processes in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Data Visualization, Essbase and NOVA experience a plus.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs