About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
What you'll do
- Directs the efforts of on-set photo teams in carrying out the creativeobjectives that support established merchandising and company image objectives.
- Attends strategy and preproductionmeetings with creative management to determine scope of projects, strategic andtactical creative objectives
- Researches in studio backgrounds(including studio sets) and props. Presents ideas to creative management andgains approval for photo concepts to support weekly and seasonal promotions
- Participates in all necessaryprocess and strategy meetings including, but not limited to, ad meetings,seasonal trend meetings, seasonal creative meetings, studio layout meetings.
- Provides verbal and writtencommunication necessary to photo teams to ensure creative objectives are met.
- Art directs lifestyle in studioshoots and local studio shoots.
- Monitor and directall hair and makeup and styling presentation during photo shoots
- Assist model booking office inidentifying and acquiring talent for Photo Assignments.
- Lean in to support design forcatalog and retail as necessary.
- Advance planning of photographicconcepts and presentation to other company teams.
- Provide timely and detailed stylingand prop direction to producer, photographers and stylists.
- Set, approve and participate/directstudio photography for all brand channels. Extended seasonal travel isrequired.
- Editing and placement oflifestyle/sports images for use in all brand channels.
- Assist in development and adherenceto photography production and brand creative budgets.
- Collaborate with MarketingDirector, Sr. Creative Director, Creative Director of photography, editorialteam, production team, and senior management for best possible creative.
- Manage growth and development ofjunior creative team members. Inspire team to constantly improve the work weare doing.
- Ensure design process runs aseffectively a possible from concept to launch.
- Collaborate with other departmentleads to develop creative materials for all outbound correspondence and otherprinted materials in a manner consistent with Old Navy brand and designstandards.
Who you are
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of apparel.
- Strong creative background; aminimum of 5 years of retail, photographic direction, and art direction
- Ability to manage, motivate teamsto complete projects. Minimum 5 years project and people management experience.
- Software expertise in InDesign andAdobe CS5. Knowledge Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word
- Ability to conceptualize.
- Ability to lead a team while beingan adept team player.
- Highly skilled in fostering acollaborative work environment.
- Flexibility and ability to wearmultiple “hats” when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal,communication and presentation skills.
- Strong aptitude in anticipating andfollowing production processes and timelines.
- Ability to handle a number ofprojects simultaneously.
- Must work well in a deadline drivenenvironment.
- Relevant portfolio of recent work
- Ability to present visual conceptsat all levels; excellent artistic and organizational skills.
- Experience with digital photographyand editing software
- Critical features of this job aredescribed under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any timedue to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs