About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Informatics & Governance the Sr. Manager, Data Science Engineering is responsible for assisting with the evaluation of new analytical technology, deployment of technology to the Customer Data & Analytics team, data engineering, and leading a team of data engineers and analysts. The Senior Manager, Data Science Engineering will be responsible for leading a team within Customer Data & Analytics charged with creating and maintaining an environment to enable Data Science to occur at scale.
What you'll do
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of data science engineers, focused on enabling data science at scale
- Maintain overall responsibility for analytical support, including user support and administration of analytical tools
- Assist with the evaluation of new analytical technology and data scientist tools such as model deployment, data science workbench, reporting, and automation tools
- Lead development of prototype analytical data products, including dashboards, simulation tools, data marts, and analytic ready data sets for use by data analytics, data scientists, and business users
- Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain model scoring frameworks to handle real-time and batch scoring use cases
- Develop high performance scripts in SQL/Python/R/SAS to achieve objectives of Customer Data & Analytics team
- Partner with Data Platform Product Manager to define requirements for Data Scientist and Analyst tools
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to all levels of Customer Data & Analytics team
- Lead productionalization and support handoff for mature data products to GapTech
Who you are
- BA/BS required; 5 to 8 years of experience in a highly technical data engineering / data science organization
- Proven track-record of excellence: past projects were consistently successful
- Team management: Experience leading, managing and developing multiple direct reports.
- Experience with the Agile development process preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert level experience with multiple data related programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, SQL
- Significant database experience using technologies such as Hadoop/Hive, Teradata, Oracle
- Familiarity with Data Science workbench tools such as Domino Data Lab
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs