About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will provide technical and managerial leadership to engineering teams (onshore and offshore) that are responsible for our core payments engine, international payments capabilities, card payments and new payment technologies. In addition to leading this team, the individual works closely with brands and business partners to support future growth in payments space. Also possess keen acumen to payment industry standards and PCI compliance aspects to drive and meet industry standards and certifications.
What you'll do
- Leads the technical aspects of customer and Payment requirements
- Conducts code & design reviews with other team members (either internal or external service providers)
- Reviews, understands and recommends updates to Gap coding and technical design standards and practices
- Collaborates with architects in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
- Collaborates with Product Management and External Service Providers to ensure SLA’s for medium to high complexity applications are being set properly and met
- Works on enhancement requests from Product Managers. Partners with external service providers to complete this work as appropriate.
- Works with multiple 3rd party payments vendors and design a unified Gaptech Payment gateway to support a highly volume transactional environment
- Designs, leads and manages facilitation and team-mobilization, kick-off, planning, problem-solving session
- Mentors Level I and Level II Software Engineers towards achieving command of the skills necessary to perform the above tasks at the expert
- Researches and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution
Who you are
- Ability to design and review medium-to-high complexity business problems and product management stories
- Ability to develop software for medium-to-large complexity business problems within a project framework. Assist external service providers in technical specifications and development as appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of business processes across multiple Brands business and Corporate customers.
- Recognized as an expert/go-to person for areas of expertise.
- In case of third party package software, has the demonstrated ability to convert business processes into software package configuration and customization.
- Deep experience and knowledge in team development and collaboration.
- Prior Payments experience preferred.
- Prior security implementation in Payments space preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs