About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Head of Photo Studio will lead the Global Old Navy photo and video production studio, managing the total operational budget while balancing quality, efficiency and speed to market. Primary responsibilities include organizing and facilitating a collaborative, cross-functional studio workflow for all digital assets (product imagery, select marketing projects, video). Facility management for overall studio, along with serving as the first point of contact for spaceesource planning in the facility.
What you'll do
- This role ensures that all business processes and photography deliverables are efficiently executed within the studio operation. She/He works across functions and partner closely with HQ to develop the studio production strategy and approach.
- 15 years of experience leading a combination of pre-production, production and post production photo / video teams with an innate ability to support multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to facilitate the workflow for cross functional partners. Experience consists of acting as a senior-level producer in a creatively-driven agency, internal photo production team, or studio.
- Adeptness to be flexible and have the problem solving strengths to put together timelines and production solves quickly for a variety of photography requests.
- Must have the strategic capabilities to solve for the actual creative photography need so that creative quality is always realized to its fullest.
- Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production challenges
- A systems thinker who can proactively identify logistical and technological challenges and opportunities for innovation. Collect and analyze data to ensure efficient planning; remove roadblocks and redefine workflows to meet or exceed operational goals.
- Should be an excellent communicator and have the ability to align cross functional teams and external vendors. Should also have strong art buying experience to communicate creative vision on Old Navy’s behalf and source correct creative talent.
- Professionally represent Old Navy and work closely with third party vendors such as photographers, models, wardrobe stylists, prop stylists, hair and make-up artists, digital techs, digital artists, etc.
- Not only set studio vision and strategies to support company goals, but also inspire passion for the art of photography. Build a creative and artistic environment. Ensure the development, implementation, ongoing management and constant evolution of studio processes and creative vision.
- Maintain inventory of functioning photography gear, technical equipment, and sets/props.
- Develop processes that drive continuous optimization. Demonstrate leadership around digital industry trends and technologies.
- Effective leadership skills and exceptional cross functional partnership. Manages studio production team by communicating objectives and monitoring team performance.
- Must have confidence with technical and digital processes, strong collaboration with creative and business teams to understand look/feel while balancing business requirements.
- Direct reports will include; Sr. Manager of Production, Photo Studio Operations and Finance Manager and studio photography producers.
Who you are
- 15+ years-experience producing photo and video shoots
- Strong team leadership experience. Will manage a team of producers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a 4-year College or University preferred
- Solution-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Works well under deadline pressure
- Highly organized with proficiency to handle multiple projects at once.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs