About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Customer Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Customer Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech. The Director, Data Operations + Tools is focused on building the customer data and analytics platform and governance framework for Gap Inc in partnership with GapTech.
What you'll do
- Develop the strategic roadmap for the Customer Data and Analytics Platform to enable growth through customer obsession at Gap Inc.
- In partnership with GapTech, identify the optimal path to bring the Customer Data and Analytics Platform to life balancing factors such as cost, speed, and scope
- Prototype end-user customer analytics tools to prove the value of the solution prior to adding the capability to the platform roadmap
- Improve analytics team efficiency by implementing new workflows, pipelines, or analytical tools
- In partnership with GapTech, build the Customer Data and Analytics Platform for Gap Inc
- Operational support for data and tool prototypes/workflows as needed until supported by the Customer Data and Analytics Platform
- Implement and manage the customer data governance framework for Gap Inc covering domains such as data quality, standard customer metrics definitions, and instrumentation.
- Develop and mentor members of the Informatics and Governance team
- Build a talent roadmap to meet the needs of the business
- Evolve the capabilities of the team as required to support the business
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in customer analytics
- 2+ years of building and leading high performing teams
- Deep knowledge of retail and ecommerce customer domains highly desirable
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Proficient in data access methods for large customer and transaction databases
- Experience implementing customer data and analytical methods at scale required
- Passionate about data quality as well as building scalable solutions through rapid prototyping and iteration
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operations research); Master’s degree highly desired, but not required.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs