We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
This role will lead the innovation and evolution of the Retail Experience as it relates to visual merchandising, styling fixture design and all marketing elements. They will have the Retail Experience Team including Visual Merchandising and Retail design reporting directly into them.
This position is a temp position for 6 months and will start in February 2020.
What you'll do
- Lead the Visual Merchandising and Retail design teams, develop and manage two Sr manager direct reports as well as dotted line reporting to Retail brand manager.
- Will be instrumental in change leadership that is required in a fast-moving high growth brand.
- Build constructive and effective relationships with key cross-functional business partners including Marketing, Planning + Allocation, Store Design, Merchandising, Design and Field to align support of Visual Merchandising and Brand initiatives.
- Lead strong relationships with the Field Visual team and have a strong focus on the customer.
- Develop pre/in-season strategies for how the Retail experience; VM+ Marketing will come to life.
- React to in-season business and commercial planning needs leveraging partnerships with field visual teams to move the traction of the business forward.
- Lead all pre-season work and kickoff brand level projects with the Retail Design Team to concept disruptive and innovative window and in-store presentations. This includes: Concepting of any localized marketing needs.
- Work with the Store design and A+E teams to impact new store openings and any new fixture rollouts.
- Lead the collaboration with Merchandising, Design in the pre-season process to create the seasonal assortment and develop Retail specific marketing strategies.
- Oversea an annualized calendar for the retail teams
- Work with retail production on the building of annual budgets and in season forecasting work.
- Develop and execute on an annual level of retail strategy with the Retail brand manager.
Who you are
- Minimum 10 years Retail similar role. Working closely with Marketing teams to concept a plus.
- Previous HQ/Corporate experience required.
- Creative and highly innovative thinker with a willingness to push boundaries.
- Strong understanding of the customer and how visual merchandising supports the customer experience
- High level of leadership skills and experience in motivating and influencing others
- Strong women's fashion and styling sense and knowledge of the competition and industry
- Self-motivated with strong project management skills
- Strong problem analysis and decision making skills
- Professional degree preferred (BS or BA) minimum
- Some travel required
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs