About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Category Manager I of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives they manage. The Category Manager I has responsibility to execute transactions between Gap business units and suppliers for acquisition of software licensing and related support and professional services. He or she will manage all aspects of negotiating contract terms and pricing, as well as perform spend and data analysis, ensure process and policy compliance, perform market research, and facilitate ongoing support. The Category Manager I will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy for specific categories. The Category Manager I will be responsible for developing effective relationships with business partners internally and externally at various levels.
• Manage and execute sourcing strategies for specific categories through technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
• Build and strengthen business partner relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to achieve results
• Balance speed and urgency with cost savings in vendor negotiations
• External Focus: Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
• Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
• Engages and establishes partnerships across Brands to collaborate, influence, and execute sourcing strategy
• Apply resourcefulness, collaboration and influencing skills to SaaS, PaaS and IaaS contracts, which may cross business partner departments and may overlap with other sourcing categories
Who you are
• Business Acumen: category knowledge in the following categories (i.e., Marketing, Technology, Transportation, Logistics, etc).
• Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence.
• Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise.
• Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute sourcing strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaboration and influencing with stakeholders. Excellent prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly.
• Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
• Experience: 4+ years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain.
• Experience in a dynamic organization with experience in sourcing.
• Familiarity with various software licensing models (perpetual, subscription, SaaS, etc.).
• Familiarity with asset management and cloud computing concepts.
• Experience planning and leading negotiations a plus.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline; MBA or Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.