About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Provide leadership and direction to the assigned Brand/Functional Store Support team(s). Ensure timely and accurate activities related to perpetual and financial inventory counts, shipment reconciliations, and data integrity issue research and resolution. Forecast inventory service expenses and oversee monthly journal entry execution and account reconciliation. Serve as an expert and provide support for brand projects and initiatives. Coach and support team of analysts/staff analysts to accomplish company, department, and individual goals.
What you'll do
- Manage store audit, inventory count, data integrity, and direct store delivery functions
- Lead and coach team to ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned duties. Define and implement metrics to evaluate performance and provide opportunities for skill development
- Partner with brand teams, Gap Tech, and external vendors to execute inventory strategies and projects
- Act as liaison between brand team and inventory service representatives to ensure business and service requirements are met
- Apply critical thinking to create solutions and processes to drive results, with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and increased efficiency
- Understand and promote link between operational activity and financial impacts
- Support all SOX and Store Support operational controls and other related external and internal audit activities
Who you are
- Strong, demonstrated leadership skills with 2+ years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or equivalent experience (5+ years of experience)
- Fundamental accounting skills to make financial decisions around inventory adjustments
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel (data manipulation, utilizing v-lookup, subtotal, and text to column functions) and Access
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for technical and system applications
- Ability to collaboratively achieve business solutions across brand teams and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to partner and influence within all levels of an organization
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs