About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Factory Store Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store and online experience by partnering with design, visual, merchandising, online production, and marketing.
What you'll do
- Merchandise assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience by partnering with design, visual merchandising, and marketing.
- Develop Seasonal Strategies: Create and present department level pre-season assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandising strategy and brand objectives.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Manage all changes made to assortment through preseason planning and ensure online accuracy
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with additional members of cross-functional teams and be able to influence them to achieve results in stores and online.
- Analyze historic & current data, trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy and identify business opportunities and in-season risks.
- Present seasonal product best sellers to help cross functional teams understand in-season selling to better plan for future seasons. Make recommendations and execute in-season strategy changes as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of retail buying experience
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs