About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The role of the IM Planningteam is to maximize sales, margin and inventory through end-to-end (pre-seasonand in-season) optimization for the North America Online channel.
This work requiresstrong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build closepartnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customerexperience while delivering/exceeding financial targets.
This role leads the Women’s woven complex (Pants / Suit Separates/ Woven Shirts and Outerwear) through the successful development, execution andcommunication of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceedsales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. The manager serves as the online channel subjectmatter expert - ensuring synergy between the product level forecast, commercialplan, and in-season execution.
• Manage team of Inventory Planners / Analysts and provide leadership bycreating a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
• Balance workload priorities across division and departments to ensuresuccessful execution of inventory management
• Drive career development and skill development of teams to ensure jobsatisfaction, retention and future talent development
• Accountable for communication of brand, business unit, and departmentalstrategies.
• Evaluate and recap seasonal performance to influence future strategies
• Lead continuous improvement process of Planning processes to ensure ongoingeffectiveness and efficiency
• Develop and communicate comprehensive (seasonal and long-term) departmentalfinancial & product strategies
• Ensure alignment of division / department plans to business unit objectives
• Support and manage development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weeklymerchandise plans
• Lead the Open to Buy process for the Online Channel.
Who you are
Business Acumen - Knowledge of financial measures and how pre-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management - Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
Peer Relationships - Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
Customer Focus - Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
Dealing with Ambiguity - Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Drive for Results - Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
Organizational Agility - Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
Technical Learning - Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical application
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
3-5 years’ work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- 2 years of supervisory experience, preferred
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs