We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Sr. Manager, Site Marketing is responsible for on-site digital marketing including strategy, execution, and reporting of seasonal and branded marketing content.
This role reports to the VP/GM of Ecommerce and manages one direct report.
You collaborate and influence team members in Web Production, Site Merchandising, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Creative and Consumer Insights; ensuring site merchandising and site innovation initiatives are supported and achieved.
What you'll do
- You create and execute site marketing content that supports Athleta’s marketing and merchandising strategies with the goal of driving customer acquisition, loyalty, engagement and achieving sales goals.
- You work proactively with merchandising, marketing, consumer insights, and inventory management to develop the content roadmap for each season.
- You partner with digital production and creative teams to take marketing strategy from concept to launch.
- You effectively write and kick off marketing briefs that balance the user behavior of the online customer and UX best practices with overall marketing/merchandising objectives.
- You have amazing relationships with cross functional teams to identify opportunities and influence site enhancement roadmap and testing/optimization opportunities to improve user experience and lift key metrics.
- You successfully integrate social media, brand initiatives/values, and key event content into the site content marketing strategy.
- You support Gap Inc. goals by increasing omnichannel engagement and cross brand shopping behaviors.
- You manage marketing analysis and hindsighting of key marketing content by pulling data from analytics tool, analyzing metrics and trends, making recommendations based on the data, and sharing with all levels of the organization.
Who you are
- You have your blackbelt in developing and executing marketing plans, writing marketing briefs and other strategic marketing documents (seasonal briefs).
- You are a persuasive communicator who understands how to effectively balance various points of view, influence others, and find common ground that drives meaningful results.
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to think creatively and analytically.
- You are a gold medalist in project management and communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing work load is the the norm for you.
- You are a flexible, team player with experience in leading a small, independent, high performing working team.
- You dive in metrics and analytics to extract relevant and actionable insights. Adobe Analytics experience a plus. Strong knowledge of and comfort/desire to use Microsoft Excel required.
- You have an un-relentless passion for the customer and retail/fashion industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 6-8 years of related marketing experience, online marketing experience preferred.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs