About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Leading the way in changing how we think and operate our business is no small task. In this role, you’ll be an integral member in the Gap Inc. Separation Project Management Office (PMO) whose charter is to plan and execute the separation of Gap Inc. into two separate competitively advantaged standalone public companies, each set up for success. You’ll be part of a full time, dedicated team who will be focused on providing organization and structure that will enable completion of a successful separation. The PMO team will drive a rigorous process to ensure decisions are made timely and definitively, with the objective of setting both companies up for sustained success. As it progresses, the PMO will identify and evaluate breakthrough approaches that can increase our efficiency and effectiveness by leveraging simple, contemporary approaches to our work. As this position supports the Gap Inc. separation work, it is designated as an HQ Temp - fully benefited, bonus and 401K eligible - with a roll off date once the separation project is complete. There is potential for conversion to a full-time position.
What You'll Do:
What you'll do
- Leverage project management skills to create project plans that support the Separation strategy
- Manage project plan deliverables including timelines and financial summaries
- Create project infrastructure that other team members can leverage including presentation templates, project plan templates, Gantt charts, meeting structures, agendas, etc.
- Publish project statuses on a regular basis based on needs of the project and audience.
- Act as a thought partner to the PMO - Chief of Staff and other members of the PMO team
- Partner with external consultant resources as needed
- Build strong working relationships with key project team members and leaders
- Support key milestone and decision meetings and discussions with various leaders and project team members
- Lead and execute any deliverables that support a successful separation
Who you are
Experience working on strategic initiatives that involves multiple functions, work streams, interdependencies and tight timelines
Strong operational mindset; ability to create structure and clarity in the midst of ambiguity
Experience enabling strategy for large organizations
Proven strength in decision making skills in a fast-paced environment
Experience executing change management plans
Strong communication, meeting management and facilitation skills
Strong business acumen
Proven strong organizational skills
Proven ability to build strong working relationship and able to collaborate with all levels.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs