About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Sr. Manager for Mobile eCommerce, you’ll lead an Agile product team to build mobile apps used by tens of thousands of retail associates and millions of customers. You’ll partner with a product manager to set goals and technical direction for the team and leverage your knowledge of SWIFT and mobile ecosystems to delight our customers with high-quality mobile applications. The software quality bar is high at GapTech, you’ll use best-in-class tools for build automation, code coverage, contract testing, test-driven development, continuous integration tooling, etc. The successful candidate will be technical (hands-on), capable of working as a senior contributor when needed, provide engineering leadership and people management, and guide the team in analysis of relevant metrics to instill a sense of accountability.
What you'll do
- Lead teams of high-performing iOS engineers to build an architecturally sustainable codebase with millions of MAU and ever-growing share of Gap Inc’s eCom revenue
- Set team goals and technical direction, ensuring an emphasis on quality (code coverage, test automation) and alignment with the larger organization
- Participate in and lead code reviews and proof-of-concepts
- Partner with the Product Manager to define a road map, work with other product teams to provide guidance
- Collaborate with other product teams to provide guidance, requirements and get feedback on their code and yours. Interactions with third-party vendors will also be required, as we leverage a variety of SDKs for payment, printing and other peripheral integrations.
- Monitor and manage team performance, set goals, coach and develop engineers
Who you are
- A seasoned, mobile engineering leader with at least five years hands-on mobile application development experience with SWIFT/Objective C, and strong examples of long-lived apps delivered over multiple releases. Experience with iOS peripheral integration a strong plus (printers, payments, etc.)
- Experience leading, inspiring, and motivating teams through effective communication, experience working in product-oriented organizations where you’ve influenced other product teams to deliver features that enhanced your product
- Strong focus on security and understanding of how to handle customer data compliant with PCI, PII, GDPR, etc.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing highly scaled and available applications
- Hands-on experience with Android app development and/or node.js also a strong plus (we leverage an in-house node.js façade API layer). Exposure and experience with eCom at scale also a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, 1 to 3 years' experience building iOS applications
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs