About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GapTech is accelerating its DevOps journey, integrating more CI/CD and pipeline automation processes. This requires development tools, instrumentation, services, and other resources to support this capability. Furthermore, this leader will help grow and mature this practice throughout the enterprise.
What you'll do
- This leader will work closely with their peers across Architecture, Development Engineering, and Technology Operations to ensure our Customer and Employee facing Products are appropriately resilient to attack.
- Leads Security Technical Architects to define Product/Platform Patterns and Standards deployed or leveraged within our on-premise Gap or cloud environments
- Leads Product Security Engineering that provides co-developed services, code libraries, or infrastructure configurations as appropriate to secure all Customer and Employee facing Products
- Continuously advances the Security Champions Program to develop and embed security skill sets within the development, engineering, and operations teams across the Product Lines
- Develops and maintains training curricula to ensure the Security Champions are kept up to date with all current and emerging technologies applicable to Gap
- Manages application penetration testing, code scanning, and remediation capabilities in collaboration with all Product Lines
- Advances application scanning and testing integration with CI/CD pipelines to minimize security defects and improve overall Product quality
- Partners with Product Management and Technical Project Leadership using a consultative approach to adapt security approaches to changing business strategies and priorities
- Thinks and acts strategically, staying in touch with emerging trends and advances in IT/security solutions to ensure Product Security approach and tools is always relevant
- Provides thought leadership with strong communication and active collaboration, across cross-functional teams and business partners
- Partners with Security Strategy & Governance to build and maintain a security controls framework that is current and applied across all technology environments
- Develops external partnerships with vendors and outside entities as appropriate
- Takes ownership of key initiatives, coordinating strategies with other members of Information Security and GapTech to maximize success
- Presents business updates, recommendations, and opportunities to senior business and technology leadership
- Hires and develops outstanding Information Security talent
Who you are
- The ideal leader will be technically sound and strategically oriented with experience in building a product security practice that can support the current and future business model of Gap, Inc.
- This position requires strong leadership and a relentless drive to produce results.
- This role requires a leader who brings deep technical knowledge and C-level communication/influencing skills.
- S/he should have the emotional intelligence to handle the challenges of direct management of a growing team as well as a proven track record of collaborating with those outside his/her direct line of report to lead change (including third party relationships).
- S/he has excellent influencing skills and can work through others.
- The successful candidate will bring strong experience and knowledge of best practice product security in today’s markets, understands the increased pressure focused on technology and data through the current cybersecurity environment and has experience in developing tools that enable critical infrastructure protection.
- S/he will demonstrate an understanding of information security from a technical, regulatory (e.g., PCI compliance) and business perspective with evidence of having improved and managed the function in a complex, information intensive business.
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record of success at senior management levels in a technology corporation, including leading organizations through change.
- S/he can create partnerships across an organization, particularly with functional areas such as information systems and technology, as well as with business leaders.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of implementing initiatives that have enhanced information security.
- S/he will have a history of implementing positive change and bringing the organization along through this change and will be able to point to examples of having implemented best-in-class practices that have enhanced security.
- The successful candidate will bring the appropriate size and scope of management oversight and a leadership style that is hand-on and leading by example.
- S/he will have a track record of mentoring, recruiting and retaining top-notch talent and building it into a cohesive team.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs