We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
This role will support the Sr. Visual Merchandising Manager in executing a compelling vision for the retail experience with emphasis on seasonal floor sets. This role will work closely with many cross-functional teams, developing strong and partnerships is essential. This role will partner with Retail Experience Design Team in the creation of the Style Guide. A strong eye for fashion trends in styling and merchandising is important.
• Lead the cross-functional relationships within Athleta organization regarding functions such as IM, planning, Merchandising and Marketing.
• Will be instrumental in change leadership that is required in a fast-moving high growth brand.
• Lead strong relationships with the Field Visual team and have a strong focus on the customer.
• High level of creative collaboration is required within the Retail Experience team and greater Marketing Teams.
• Create compelling seasonal In-Store and Window presentations ensuring the brand is relevant in the competitive landscape.
• Manage the daily needs of the Retail Studio workstreams to ensure all objectives are completed within schedule guidelines in preparation for leadership walkthroughs.
• Work with traffic manager to define annual schedule for the Retail Studio pipeline.
• Lead store sets walkthroughs for the VM team communicating key ideas and merchandising decisions.
• Collaborate with the Retail Design team and Retail Strategy to support store set needs and new initiatives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners in ensuring accurate seasonal assortments and on time sample availability based on studio timelines.
• Lead the documentation of monthly store sets including; photography and written communication.
• Key partner with the Field Visual team and leading brand initiatives such as localization, hot store efforts or testing strategies.
• Manage the communication and project management of Corporate initiative projects as needed.
Who you are
• 6+ years in comparable visual merchandising and retail experience
• Computer skills (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite)
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
• Strong portfolio of relevant visual and styling work demonstrating an ability to produce consistent on brand retail experience
• Ability to work independently and with the team while handling multiple projects concurrently
• Strong attention to detail
• Some travel required
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.