About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Visual Merchandiser consistently executes HQ visual merchandising direction including product placement, fixture placement and display elements to provide a consistent customer experience across all Old Navy stores. The visual merchandiser serves as a liaison between the logistics and customer experience centers of excellence to provide consistent execution of product placement and brand presentation. The visual merchandiser adapts visual direction when needed based on individual store needs, inventory levels or other store specific requirements within brand standards. The Visual Merchandiser drives sales by providing an extraordinary customer experience through exceptional visual merchandising.
What you'll do
- Maintains brand standards for visual presentation throughout the store.
- Partners with the Logistics Manager to prepare for and implement seasonal merchandising presentations and new visual merchandising initiatives (i.e new denim wall format, new personal care fixture, etc.)
- Partners with Customer Experience team to monitor merchandise sell through, replenishment, and flex product as necessary utilizing VPG
- Partners with the Logistics team to ensure that new styles are placed in the correct positions on the sales floor utilizing VPG
- Partners with store management on key visual merchandising decisions that have an impact on store workload and sales.
- Consistently executes the visual display element as shown in the VPG (i.e. styling details with bust forms, henry hangers, leg forms, etc.)
- Ensures all visual execution reflects the VPG
- Adjusts lighting to highlight merchandise and displays, per company standard
- Provides a consistent customer experience through execution of the VPG and Brand Standards
Who you are
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and interpret HQ visual merchandising tools and direction
- Ability to offer solutions to store specific visual and merchandising challenges using brand standards and HQ direction as a guideline
- Ability to identify potential Visual Merchandising opportunities and provide creative solutions.
- Excellent ability to create teams and partnership
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom repetitive bending, prolong standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs, including evenings and weekends
- 6 months to 2 years retail visual merchandising or display experience
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs