About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to successfully implement a new PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) system. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in an agile/scrum environment contributing to the development of the PLM platform. You will be responsible for driving the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of the application as part of a DevOps product team.
What you'll do
- Design, implement and configure new PLM product on Microsoft Azure Cloud adhering to Cloud Security requirements.
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to developers including offshore development team. Must be able to attend regular before and after hours (early morning/evening) meetings with offshore team.
- Overcome obstacles and recommend tradeoffs to achieve milestones on time and within budget. Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting system issues.
- Implement Continuous Integration/Delivery using state of the art deployment tools including PIPES 2.0, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub, auto scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Responsible for planning and driving delivery of capabilities in a DevOps model. Collaborate with business partners and technical teams to design, build, test, deploy, and support high performance, scalable software.
Who you are
- Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Have experience working with and leading onsite, remote and offshore development teams.
- Software developer with experience using Java/J2EE technologies/Rest Web services
- Have previous work experience with object oriented analysis and design
- Have experience with continuous integration using Github, Jenkins, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Preferrably have experience with security enablement using Apigee for service to service authentication, Data Encryption via SSL/TLS, and Password Management
- Have experience working with Relational databases and MongoDB technologies
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs