About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Associate Technical Designer role is responsible forfacilitating a limited group of apparel styles from design concept and firstprototype to a final, production ready prototype.
What you'll do
- Support department, as led by supervisor, while learning keyproduct area.
- Gain clear direction and consensus of design aesthetic, fitintent and construction, while maintaining corporate standards.
- Observe, learn and emulate how to effectively communicate design’sfit intent.
- Prepare samples for fittings, participate in fit sessions,and take notes.
- Evaluate garment to ensure global compliance of spec andconstruction.
- Learn to identify and communicate basic quality and costingissues.
- Learn to Identify and communicate fit and balance issues.
- Work with supervisor to meet seasonal deadlines.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings asappropriate.
- Demonstrate accountability for work commitments.
- Foster open communication and team environment with allbusiness partners
Who you are
- Formal education in Apparel Manufacturing, Design,Patternmaking or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the Apparel Industry includingpatternmaking and construction experience with working knowledge of totalproduction timeline.
- Working knowledge of pattern making, construction and fit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills with ability tomulti task
- Preferred computer skills – PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Patternmaking software (including, Geber, Lectra, Optitex) Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs