About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
What you'll do
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with markettrends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for specing a new design.
- Responsible for details on design of product to includepreparing and updating sketches and specifications.
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samplesare produced and delivered on a timely basis.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids andprints.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Can meet independently with vendors.
Who you are
- 2 to 4 years design experience.
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to designthrough new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Good design and color sense.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize fromswatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes,fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements.
- Time management / communication skills.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs