About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Sr. Designer will be responsible for concept development and innovative creative solutions for all digital marketing strategies. This individual will take projects from brainstorm phase through launch for a host of marketing vehicles including email, mobile and desktop web properties. In this role the Sr. Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Copywriters, Marketers, Merchants, Content Developers and the UI/UX teams.
What you'll do
- Design elevated and effective site and email experiences
- Design materials that enhance the BR Factory brand and the overall customer experience
- Drive innovation with editorial approach
- Ensure the designs work within a responsive design system, develop and maintain guidelines for our customer-facing applications keeping in mind the BR Factory brand look-and-feel.
- Concept stories that work across digital platforms and transition them into final production-ready layouts
- Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards
- Present work to the leadership team
- Collaborate with other designers to carry through the execution of design layouts
- Effectively communicate functionality and strategy to web-content-developers
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
Who you are
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
- Minimum of 5 years of web and print design experience, Video editing experience a plus.
- Experience successfully partnering and directing visual UX designers to execute a final responsive design. Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams.
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
- Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs