About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As the Sr. Manager, 3D + Technical Design, youare an expert in 3D fashion design technology. You are responsible foradvancing the commercialization and implementation of digitalization within theProduction and Design functions. You will collaborate with design and ourvendor partners to identify and drive innovation in construction, fit, processand training utilizing 3D technology and digital tools. You will partner withyour leadership team(s) to execute 3D strategies in line with Old Navy businessgoals, proactively identifying roadblocks to success and creating solutions toachieve the goal. You will build strong relationships with cross-functionalteams - Merchandising, Design, Production and Sourcing, to execute strategicobjectives. This position requires a high level of technical knowledge,leadership, process management and communication skills.
What you'll do
Listens to the customer’s feedback and acts on it; andidentifies the basic forces of the market; typical customers, suppliers,products, and biggest or best- known competitors.
- Leads by sharing relevant information with others and offersshort-term assistance.
- Gathers insights and makes data driven decisions, whilelinking creative ideas to present needs.
- Looks for opportunities to improve and takes adhoc actions; challengethe status quo, champion change and influence others
- Understands profit drivers for area of work; follow throughon commitments and meet deadlines across multiple calendars/timeframes
- Demonstrate expertise in 3D tools for virtualization ofgarments/ product to enable faster execution of fit and design intent.Impacting key milestones and deliverables where applicable.
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge in using 3D to analyzefabric to fit capabilities; provide learnings and recommendations within TD leadership,and vendors to monitor quality and accuracy of designs and renderings.
- Support the development brand avatars and external andinternal partners for whom this work impacts. Ensuring all deadlines are met. And manage the implementation and integrationof new 3D software; platform updates, product enhancements and pilots.
- Manage hindsight and reporting to leadership and relevantcross functional partners
- Research, analyze and continually conduct competitiveinvestigations.
- Create training strategy and programs to ensure appropriatecapabilities are in place to implement 3D technology with all partners.
- Demonstrate and utilize advanced knowledge of patternmakingskills, grading and garment construction to support 3D fit strategy acrossmultiple product categories.
- Partner with design and technical design leaders, advancedconcepts and ideas in addition to the commercialization of product.
Who you are
- BA, AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design,Patternmaking or equivalent
- International travel and national travel maybe required.
- Management and development of direct reports.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the Apparel Industry includingpatternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of totalproduction timeline.
- Proven track record in leading a team to execute on analigned 3-year business strategy driving results for the division year overyear.
- Expertise in fit and patterning making - including grading, blockdevelopment construction and fabric knowledge for multiple product types,categories and divisions.
- Ability to create and carry out development plans at alllevels for growth and development.
- Able to identify and address poor performance promptly andeffectively.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills includingthe ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
- Superior interpersonal skills - works well as part of across-functional team and able to influence and interact at all levels of theorganization including interfacing regularly with senior/executive leadershipteam.
- Cultivate and maintain strong internal and externalrelationships with vendors and business partners.
- Strong computer skills – including but not limited to: PLM,Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber, Lectra, Optitex, 3-D technology & relevantplatforms, Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs