About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position will support Gap Inc.’s international treasury team and report to the Senior Director. We are seeking a Treasury Manager with an understanding of and interest in financial markets to primarily lead the company’s multiple foreign exchange hedging programs. In this role, you will oversee the day-to-day management of our foreign exchange programs and serve as the Company’s subject matter expert and advisor on foreign exchange business and financial impacts. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners, including brand finance as well as corporate accounting, planning and investor relations teams. This role has a unique view to the Company’s global operations with the opportunity to expand into additional areas of debt capital markets and investments. We are looking for a candidate who will support the senior treasury leadership in being a thought leader on the identification and management of global financial risk.
What you'll do
- Manage the Company’s foreign exchange risk management programs. Develop foreign exchange hedging strategies including risk assessment, performance reporting and the evaluation of various hedging tools and techniques.
- Partner with international finance, global planning teams and senior management to lead discussions on the economic impacts of foreign exchange on the Company’s financial results, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate and execute derivative transactions to hedge foreign exchange risk.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for senior treasury management on various capital markets topics, including global cash requirements, optimal investment strategies, global cost of funds and commodity risk.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the global foreign exchange derivative regulations, including Dodd-Frank and EMIR.
- Interface with external entities (banks and investment banks) and manage much of the relationship as it relates to day-to-day foreign exchange risk management and global bank products. Leverage the relationships to develop market data resources and to develop currency management and global liquidity best practice insights.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current processes to maximize productivity. Work closely with Treasury Operations to ensure optimal use of current treasury systems and recommend additional software solutions as required.
Who you are
- 6+ years of work experience in corporate treasury, finance or finance-related field. Previous work in a medium or large corporate treasury environment is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting required. MBA or CFA a plus.
- Understanding of and interest in financial markets; experience with corporate investment or foreign exchange risk management a plus
- Solid knowledge of accounting theory and practice, including ASC 815.
- Strong quantitative abilities, an analytical and effective problem solver who can effectively distill complex issues into component parts.
- Must be a team player and have clear and concise written, verbal and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate to both financial and non-financial audiences and all levels of management.
- Very strong in Excel and experience with Treasury software, such as SaaS treasury workstations, FXall and Bloomberg.
- High energy level, achievement oriented, customer driven attitude, and works with a sense of urgency.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs