About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to join our omni-channel inventory management organization. This person will lead the successful development, communication, and execution of sales and inventory strategies that support the financial plan and deliver brand and channel goals.
Responsibilities include full pre-season financial planning, buy-planning, in-season management, allocation, and tools management for our mainline stores, outlet and ecommerce businesses. In close partnership with merchandising, production, marketing and finance, this person will drive business results, develop teams, and evolve processes to achieve results in a growing business. In addition, this person will partner with Gap Tech on creating the IM tech roadmap for Janie and Jack.
The Director must thrive in leading and developing a team during a time of high growth in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to clearly communicate priorities and outcomes. This position requires a high level of leadership, process management and communication skills while developing and maintaining key talent and quickly developing strong cross-functional relationships.
What you'll do
- Lead the hindsight process for planning & allocation, providing direction around key initiatives and delivering a framework from which the teams can effectively evaluate performance.
- Ensure frequent evaluation of seasonal performance of strategies to deliver growth objectives and shift course if needed.
- Accountable for the develop and communication of comprehensive (seasonal and long-term) division and channel financial & product strategies in line with budget. Guide divisional inventory parameters to ensure alignment with strategic targets and consistency at division level.
- Partner with Director of Allocation on the development of seasonal inventory allocation strategies that support the investment strategy, identifying and communicating potential risks and opportunities to the cross-functional team and leadership.
- Actively listen to and partner with the field/web leaders to identify and drive opportunities to optimize store/web performance.
- Oversee financial strategies including pricing, promotions and markdowns that are optimized to deliver financial targets. Partner with planning and store ops team to ensure quarter, month, and daily targets are accurate and support financial plan.
- Lead monthly open-to-buy forecasting partnering with Company Planning on assessing opportunity and risk.
- Partner with Company Planning/Finance on annual and quarterly budget/loc process.
Business Process Management
- Drive decision making around tools enhancement and adoption.
- Streamline processes and facilitate change management to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency. Eliminate signal points of failure.
- Lead divisional team and provide leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment. Reinforce curiosity and consistency behaviors.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous learning, development opportunities, and clear career-paths ensuring a strong and diverse talent pipeline.
- Accountable for the development IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
- Drive for continual improvement and innovation to support business by identifying and developing creative ideas and talents of others.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 – 15 year’s work experience with in the Retail Sector, preferable in Inventory Management with exposure to brick and mortar as well as ecommerce.
- 7 years of Supervisory experience
- Thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to operate all levels within a lean organization.
- Data Driven with strong attention to detail. Ability to successfully balance both quantitative and qualitative information when recommending appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with track record of driving results through innovative solutions and ability to look ahead an impact future business.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency to all levels of management.
- Experience managing a large scope of responsibility and cross-functional business partners.
- Demonstrated success in building, maintaining, and managing a diverse team and establishing effective cross functional relationship during times of transformation.
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs