We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Inventory Management Senior Planner has their “black belt” in achieving division financial goals.
You are laser focused driving business discussions and adjusting strategies to maximize results. You are also an integral team player and leader on the Inventory Management team creating a collaborative, innovative and results-driven environment.
What you'll do
- Oversee the development of division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Develop tops/down dept/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives
- Own bottoms-up financial reconciliation of class to department
- Develop style-level sales and inventory plans
- Inform and validate Commercial Plan to influence in-season changes
- Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short-term and long-term financial strategies/action plans
- Lead demand driven buying efforts
- Own OTB and sales and inventory forecasting, including assessing total risks and creating resolutions
- Recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies
- Manage 1 or more Inventory Analyst(s) supporting career and skill development
- Balance workload priorities for direct report
- Influence others, both functional and cross functional partners, to drive results
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: You’re able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: You have track record of presenting ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: You are known to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- You possess strong organizational and time management skills
- You demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Developing Direct Reports & Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
- Must have prior experience managing others
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs