About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Supply Chain Advanced Analytics team is chartered withdriving revenue and profit growth opportunities for Gap’s online businessthrough the development and implementation of predictive models and profitmaximizing analytical processes.Some key strategic projects in the Supply ChainAdvanced Analytics space are: Omni-channel network optimization, peakseason inventory positioning models, new fulfillment strategies, transportationbased network simulations.
This position will interact with a variety of functionsacross the business unit including IT, Operations, Finance, BusinessIntelligence and Project Management.
What you'll do
- Understand the sources of key data structures and their multi-dimensional relationship
- Build, validate, and maintain Operations Research (OR), Simulation and AI (Machine Learning (ML) /Deep learning) models
- Provide thought leadership in analytics and modeling
- Provide quantitative research and analysis for identifying new business opportunities
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Provide framework/methodology for measurement and feedback mechanism for models
- Collaborate with other team members, IT and business partners as necessary
- Be accountable for the documentation of supply chain process design opportunities
Who you are
- Proven experience in areas of optimization, statistics and/or machine learning
- Preferred knowledge of R, Python, and/or other programming languages
- Heavy experience in use of Excel, SQL and other database querying tools
- Exceptional quantitative skills with expertise in data manipulation
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with considerable ambiguity
- Ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with broad cross section of business partners
- Strong listening, oral and written skills
- B.S. or M.S.in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Math, or related field
- 5+ years of total work experience in Data Science
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs