About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Director - Tax Accounting & Compliance will lead activities related to income tax accounting, controls and tax rate forecasting and U.S. federal and state tax compliance and reporting. The Senior Director - Tax Accounting & Compliance will be primarily responsible for leading a team in the preparation and review of interim and annual global income tax provisions under ASC 740, all tax accounting internal and external reporting deliverables, and all U.S. federal and state income tax compliance calculations and forms.
What you'll do
- Manage team of 8 to 10 tax professionals, fostering a culture focused on continuous improvement, efficiency and integrity
- Lead team in preparation and review of the global income tax provision on a quarterly and annual basis
- Lead team in preparation and review of the Federal and state tax return calculations and forms, including estimates and extensions
- Identify, assess and resolve complex tax technical issues related to federal and state filing positions, tax controversy, tax planning, significant transactions and foreign operations and impacts of business transactions
- Proactively analyze and communicate the tax rate and cash tax impact of business transactions, changes in business results, tax projects and legislative changes
- Drive the analysis, documentation and implementation of tax projects and significant transactions
- Partner with various executives leading teams within the organization including FP&A, Corporate Controller’s Group, and Treasury to provide critical decision support and key tax reporting
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, with CPA and Master’s degree preferred
- 15 plus years of combined tax experience in public accounting and with multinational corporate tax departments
- Experience with leading the tax accounting and reporting function at large global public entities with extensive multi-national presence
- Experience leading the tax compliance function at large global public entities with extensive state tax presence
- Advanced Federal and state tax technical expertise, particularly in the areas impacting multi-national multi-state retail entities, including federal tax methods for inventory, fixed assets, revenue recognition and compensation and US-international taxation under tax reform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to message key tax matters effectively to executive leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate, develop relationships and partner effectively across the organization at executive level
- Strong leadership skills with ability to manage a large team of tax professionals working on multiple time-sensitive, complex simultaneous projects
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs