About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Manager to join and eventually lead the profile and pipeline management team (“PPM Team”) in Real Estate Law. The manager will work collaboratively with the PPM Team, the Real Estate Law Group and business partners within the Global Real Estate Department and other departments company-wide. This role will share the responsibility of abstracting key dates and legal rights for the global lease portfolio, collaborating with business partners to determine internal processes, working within an established Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) control, and conducting legal research and analysis and providing practical recommendations. This role will work directly with internal real estate, store development, lease administration and lease accounting business partners. The manager will have the demonstrated ability to manage people and workloads against deadlines and within our SOX control and budget for, track and report on third party expenditures incurred in supporting the PPM Team’s work, as well as tracking, auditing and reporting on department work flow. This role requires exceptional attention to detail and an ability to flex with business needs of the Real Estate Law Team and Global Real Estate Department. This position requires an individual who is solution oriented and can help identify business objectives. This role also requires someone who is comfortable using different technologies with a focus on process efficiencies.
What you'll do
- Maintaining and developing (as needed) best practices for abstracting and data entry of key dates and lease rights.
- Managing/leading team and 3rd party vendor(s)
- Supervising and reviewing the abstraction of lease documents and ensure timely database updates from global leasing documents with a focus on accuracy, timeliness and completeness
- Providing ongoing feedback to external business partners as it relates to lease profiling
- Maintaining logs of all work performed for tracking and reporting purposes
- Assisting with property management issues and documentation as they relate to the store leases
- Analyzing lease documents and drafting correspondence to advise on lease provisions and risk assessment for the business
- Generating various ad-hoc reports related to key dates and lease rights
- Liaising with lease administration and lease accounting teams
- Partner in the implementation of key technology projects
Who you are
- Lease administration experience required
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
- 5+ years of experience required preferably in lease administration for a multinational corporation
- Self-motivated and process oriented
- Ability to manage employees and 3rd party vendors, while successfully working in a fast-paced team environment
- Contract negotiation experience desirable
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle, escalate appropriately and continually prioritize to balance work load
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to drive results
- Adaptable and responsive to changing business priorities
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs