Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The E-commerce Sr. Buying Manager leads a team of buyers focused on delivering financial goals coupled with a great customer experience. This role is responsible for collaborating and influencing Global Merchandising, Site Merchandising and digital teams
• Develop and manage the execution of end to end item level sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Division sales plans.
• Set dept/classification targets, identify gaps and opportunities, and assess the right set of strategic priorities and specific tactical execution plans to achieve the targets pre-season and in-season.
• Drive partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising teams ensuring the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
• Partner with Site Merchandising team to influence marketing and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
• Lead monthly open-to-buy activities for the division. Identify and execute near and long term actions to achieve sales, margin and inventory goals.
• Measure and communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to Leadership.
• Inspire, coach, guide and develop direct reports, create an environment that supports and rewards strong performance and professional growth.
• Ability to impact and influence others while adapting quickly to change and creating new and efficient processes
• Participate in the development of tools, processes, and reporting encouraging best practices and efficiencies are shared across teams.
• Balance team workload priorities across departments and division to ensure successful execution.
• Partner with cross-functional team members to develop and communicate tactical plans to achieve business timelines and deliverables.
Who you are
• Flexible, resilient and comfortable working in grey areas that are constantly changing
• Customer and product centric - you adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
• Data driven individual with a curious, entrepreneurial mindset.
• Can build short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
• Are a storyteller who can effectively sell a point of view to both peers and your leaders.
• You thrive under tight deadlines with the ability to adjust to changes in priorities and balance short-term needs with long term strategic initiatives
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.