Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Buyer will own the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies to hit Category sales plans. They will collaborate with the Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs. The Buyer will also partner with the Merchandise Coordination team to influence marketing needs and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories; identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment (inclusive of pricing).
- Be responsible for Open-To-Buy (OTB) and Hindsights.
- Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Share seasonal category strategies with Merchandise Coordination team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
Who you are
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
2-4 years of buying/inventory management experience
Able to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
Know how to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
Can quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
Selling a point of view to both peers and upper management is a strength.
Possess strong presentation skills.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs