About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Strategic Sourcing Category Manager to be dedicated to the management of Gap’s Technology Professional Services needs. The goal of the role is to drive competitive advantage and value creation for categories they lead (IT Professional Services, Contingent Workforce, Consulting). The Category Manager will own planning, implementation, and execution of category strategy for complex and high-impact categories. The Category Manager will be responsible for developing effective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externally at all levels.
• Manage and execute category strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
• Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
• External Focus: Develop deep category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
• Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
• Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
• Provide guidance and mentorship on Strategic Sourcing technical knowledge to junior team members
• High level of adaptability to manage the changing needs of the business as they arise
Who you are
• 5 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
• Advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
• Ability leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
• Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.