Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Designer of Women’s Denim will have an understanding of and enthusiasm for the Gap brand target customer, product and aesthetic. You will translate trends into commercially successful women’s product. You have a passion for women’s apparel and you enjoy being part of a creative team.
What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts.
- Recommends product/key items that demonstrate a clear point of view.
- Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Creates BOMs
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design integrity, and that design packages are complete and accurate.
Who you are
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to hand sketch.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs