About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a senior accountant on the Corporate Accounting team, your responsibilities will include preparing month-end journal entries, preparing budgets and forecasts for key accounts and partnering across multiple teams to analyze and reconcile accounts. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public accounting with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
What you'll do
Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules
Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L Flux analysis for management reporting
Partner with SEC Reporting to ensure accurate footnotes and disclosures relating to share-based compensation and bonus
Ensure compliance with internal controls (SOX) and proper documentation of processes
Assist in technical accounting research on an ad-hoc basis
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of business partners and policy owners across corporate, global, and brand functions
Support the Corporate Controller’s Group in enhancing the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
Collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and provide support for special requests
Participate in various department-wide initiatives and ad-hoc projects, including projects relating to Gap Inc.’s planned separation into two independent publicly-traded companies
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or certification in process
- 2+ years of experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to earn the trust and confidence of business partners
- Positive attitude and dependable team player
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle and Essbase a plus
- Familiarity with Equity Edge Online a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs