About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Merchandise Manager leads the Global Omni Merchandising and cross-functional team for Banana Republic.
What you'll do
- Own the product assortment strategy for multiple markets and channels, including US/Canada, stores and online
- Develop, communicate and drive global omni long range and seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations.
- Develop and manage the Merchandising team to be global omni customer, product and competitor focused; innovative; fast and team-oriented in their work.
- Partner with Global Omni Planning team on divisional investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Present assortment to senior management for approval by developing presentation structure and content, and ensuring appropriate analysis is completed.
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Divisional strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Assess direct and aspirational competition with respect to financial condition, trends, marketing and product strategy; react accordingly to ensure market leadership.
- Develop & train direct reports into high performing contributors and owners of the business.
Who you are
- Strong eye for product, understanding of target customer, and clear point of view around product assortment and business opportunities.
- Deep knowledge of omni-channel competitive set with ability to anticipate trends and drive market share growth.
- Experience in successfully leading a cross functional team. Ability to coach, mentor and develop across multiple levels of Merchandising.
- Demonstrate smart risk taking and strategic thinking in product and investment strategies.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrate adept listening, verbal, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to drive financial results and goals.
- Product development experience preferred.
- 5-7+ years of retail buying experience.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs