About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for an Analyst to work with the Capital Accounting team. This is a cross functional role that will work with other departments within the organization. These departments include, Store Development, Gap Tech, Tax, Lease Accounting, Accounts Payable. This position will support the day to day operational processes related to projects and fixed assets. This includes managing departmental mailbox activity to complete actions within predefined service level agreements, assist in setting up projects, setting up and generating assets for completed projects when needed, managing purchase order issuance and invoicing process for the general contractor for projects in process and provide team support as necessary.
What you'll do
- Manage departmental mailbox activity to complete actions within the predefined service level agreements with our internal/external business partners.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing to set up Real Estate Store Construction and Gap Tech projects.
- Manage purchase order issuance and invoicing process for the general contractor for projects in process.
- Ensure all documentation is acquired to support the SOX controls related to project set up.
- Assist in implementing process improvements, including assisting with special projects and assignments as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 1-3 years in accounting, finance or relevant experience
- Intermediate MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access skills required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships through all levels of the organization
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs