About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Sr. Manager, HR Operations + Organizational Effectiveness is both a leader and facilitator within the cross functional HR team. This role supports the successful execution of high impact HR projects including GPS Rewards, Talent Routines, Employee Surveys, Restructures and Realignments, and ad hoc projects as they arise and impact our People strategy. This role is highly integrated into the Gap Inc. HR Strategy + Operations team with a focus on the Athleta brand.
Leverages an expertise in project and process management to drive successful execution of HR projects – ensure desired outcomes are clear, roles are assigned, key milestones are designated and committed to, obstacles are identified and planned for, and ultimately that the project is value add to the business. Identify opportunities to streamline and simplify cyclical HR projects for ease of execution and seamless employee experience. Project to include:
What you'll do
- GPS Rewards (data validation, rewards allocation, budget reconciliation, rewards communication)
- Talent Routines (ensure successful execution of existing and emerging Talent tools, in partnership with Talent Management)
- Employee Surveys (data validation, project calendar communication, administration, results delivery support)
- Develop a framework to analyze and optimize organizational effectiveness within Athleta HQ, including:
- Clarification of organizational goals to support long term brand/business plans
- Development of metrics and data routines to inform organizational effectiveness strategies and measure results
- Strategic partnership with Advanced Analytics team to mine meaningful relationships between HR data to influence organizational principles
- Creating recommendation sets for organizational changes (short term and long term) grounded in data and in line with brand and/or business goals
- Facilitation of organizational changes in partnership with cross functional Human Resources team
- Develop, create, and provide relevant, accurate and actionable HR reporting on a regular basis using data from multiple HR data sources
- Compile, analyze, and synthesize data to communicate workforce status and trends; can ‘paint the picture’ to what story is being told in a concise and illustrative way
- Provides on the ground support for People systems and tools, including Workforce Analytics, PeopleSoft, Passport, and Compass.
Who you are
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed Brand and Inc organization
- Proven track record of successful project management from planning, implementation, sustainability to project close
- Ability to apply a strong understanding of organizational behavior concepts to the business, grounded in either Leadership and/or Human Resources experiences.
- Data storytelling and visualization skills – ability to derive meaningful insights from complex data sets and present them to various audiences
- Proven ability to analyze complex data by identifying linkages between multiple data sources that tells a story and drives key people decisions
- Strong computer skills in Excel
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of HR data and systems
- Demonstrated sound judgment skills - ability to assess risk and take appropriate action
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage several projects and competing priorities at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs