About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Assistant Merchandiser will execute seasonal strategies that meet or exceed site experience goals through in-season content management and site analysis. This role will partner closely with the Site Lead and Division Merchandiser to execute in-season strategies, manage product and category pages, and provide the customer with a conversion driving product experience. This role will also partner with Global Merchandising team on product strategy and assortment.
What you'll do
- Continually analyze, execute, and provide improvements to the customer experience as it relates to category and product page content.
- Keep Division Merchandiser informed on category and navigation performance by providing information on customer learnings, shopping patterns, and product performance.
- Partner with Global Merchandising team on product assortment strategy.
- Review the site daily with customer-first mindset and make site updates as needed.
- Act as an active participant in the alignment of Product Knowledge, Photography, and Site Structure, and Product Detail Pages.
- Ensure accurate fit and style details are properly communicated to customers through the category and product pages.
- Attend weekly divisional site meetings to ensure clarity on the execution of site and e-mail marketing.
- Analyze trends and historical data at category level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks and make relevant site updates.
- Understand e-commerce environment: proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive websites.
- Create and maintain a record of marketed styles to ensure site & marketing stories are protected and site presentation is impactful.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ work experience, preferably in merchandising, digital, or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
Analytical, proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management & organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, self-starter.
Ability to learn systems and tools quickly.
Business Acumen/Drives Results; Excellent time management and execution of assigned tasks. Displays curiosity and ask questions to better understand how to improve business results.
Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Provide support when requested. Ask questions. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Positively interacts with others.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs