About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
The Assistant Designer, Layette will be involved in seasonal trend development, color direction, and interpretation of concepts from inspiration/sketch to final product. The role reports to the Layette Designer and collaborates with the Merchandising and Production teams to assist in managing the line development from initial concept through production.
What you'll do
- Analyze market trends and develop concept boards as well as shopping the market for inspiration
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and have an eye for details
- Must have an understanding of garment construction and/or soft-good accessories, will participate in fittings, and help with seasonal sketching as well as fabric development
Who you are
BA/BS degree with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in the apparel design market
Experience with knits, sweaters, or children's wear required
- Strong Mac skills required, Microsoft Office suit and e-mail applications, as well as knowledge of graphics software (i.e.: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs