About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The role of the Inventory Management team is to maximize sales, margin, and inventory optimization across all customer channels from pre-season through to in-season. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Inventory Analyst will support in-season by executing pricing and allocation strategies, and pre-season with sizing strategies while helping to create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams, markets, and channels.
What you'll do
- Drive gross margin & gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals by managing in-season allocation levers
- Partner with cross functional team on in-season allocation strategies to deliver the optimal inventory to stores through partnership with Merchandising, Store Planning, Visual and Marketing teams and partner with logistics for pick estimates.
- Execute in-season price strategies, store level exceptions, and new store allocations
- Responsible for managing allocation including pre-release forecast and analysis, new flow release, replenishment management, and exception management of issues.
- Manage strategic positioning of inventory’s size investments and distribution-center splits
- Execute ad hoc data analysis as needed to support business decisions, synthesize results, and recommend actions as appropriate
Who you are
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs