Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
• Drive the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework aligning product strategies with financial goals, ensuring end to end sales, margin and inventory strategies meet or exceed Divisional targets.
• Partner with Global Merchandising ensuring the global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
• Optimize the customer experience through partnerships with Site Merchandising, Marketing, and Operations.
• Lead the Buying team with a focus on coaching, inspiring and developing talent to achieve their highest potential.
• Responsible for the development, communication and execution of Divisional product strategies that achieve the financial goals of the season.
• Assess and communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
• Lead team and cross-functional counterparts to develop and communicate tactical plans to achieve business results.
• Responsible for the Divisional forecast of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process.
• Influence the customer experience to create a simple and intuitive digital shopping journey.
• Continuously utilize available resources (site analytics, search, cross sell) to maximize product conversion.
• Partner with Marketing and Creative to ensure a compelling customer experience supporting the overall business objectives.
• Create a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment.
• Develop bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning.
• Balance workload priorities, removing obstacles to ensure successful execution of strategies and goals.
Who you are
• You are customer centric, results oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You are curious, resourceful, and solution oriented
• You are a strong, collaborative & inspiring leader who will think outside of the box.
• You understand the balance of art and science, spotting trends early and using data to drive decisions.
• You balance long term strategies with short term tactical plans
• You thrive in a collaborative environment where decisions are shared, and teamwork is the norm
• You can effectively sell a point of view across all layers of the organization.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.