We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Athleta is looking for a Merchandiser who will be a member of the Athleta Merchandising Team. The Merchant will be responsible for driving results in a high growth business. This individual is responsible for merchandising the assortment into concepts that support key items, strategies and current trends. The Merchandiser will prioritize tasks to support and drive these divisional strategies and financial targets by working with multiple cross functional partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Actively participate in key product development milestone events to ideate, develop and curate Athleta product vision
• Partner with cross-functional team members to develop key concepts, key items, and assortment to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience
• Ability to put assortment together cross channel and drive retail strategy/flow, website & catalog
• Partner closely with divisional cross functional team to do more with less – collaborate, make decisions and learn efficiently and effectively
• Build and influence future strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends. Be nimble and quick!
• Assortank styles within the division based on competition, strategy and current product performance
• Validate costing and placement strategies with Production
• Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information
• Actively listen to and engage all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of experience; ideally working in a high growth business and have a performance background
• Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion and inspiring cross functional teams
• Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; strong analytical and financial skills
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
• Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
• Customer oriented
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs