Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Director for Omni Channel Marketing is accountable for setting the strategic direction for Gap Brand commercial plan. Inherent within the scope of the role, is leading a team within a highly matrixed organization to provide direction on the Omni channel marketing calendar, all commercial and promotional planning and omni-channel activations.
The position is a strategic role that requires a deep understanding of the customer, global markets, competition, trends, business goals, product knowledge and strategic planning across multiple marketing channels. The role requires a high degree of strategic agility matched with ability to lead across functions and drives alignment with cross functional business partners to execute the season.
• Maintain, and communicate updates to annual, seasonal, and monthly commercial plans
• Use all available tools to mine for relevant historical and forecast information to inform the commercial plan
• Maintain promotion calendars and ensure cross-functional team is updated and informed as the plans and business evolve
• Maintain alignment with key partners in Finance, Inventory Management, Brand Management, Store Experience, & Brand Operations.
• Partner with the leadership team to ideate new and compelling promotions that will drive traffic and achieve key seasonal metrics
Who you are
• Retail Marketing Strategy Development- deep experience in developing holistic creative strategies and plans in global retail organizations.
• Customer Focus- has leveraged consumer insights, competitive knowledge, and brand knowledge to transform information and data into marketing plans that ultimately drive results.
• Drive for Results- experience maximizing capabilities of marketing/creative teams, overcoming challenges, and obtaining alignment to meet project timelines.
• Team Leadership- seen as a thought leader within department and cross-functionally, having ability to galvanize and inspire a team to move toward a common vision.
• Change Leadership- experience leading through significant change and transformation to move an organization forward.
• Collaboration- proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment at all levels.
• Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry leaders/teams
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.