About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic attorney to join the Gap Inc. Global Legal team. The lawyer will support Gap Inc.’s international franchise division, working closely with business partners and Corporate Functional teams including Franchise, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and the Product Safety Team, which are based in San Francisco, NYC, London and elsewhere around the world.
What you'll do
Provide strategic legal advice and guidance to the business and corporate support functions in relation to all aspects of franchise, shop in shop, concession, distribution, ecommerce, and other types of third party collaborations; proactively identify liability and risks and collaborate with business partners on practical and commercial solutions
Draft, negotiate and finalize contracts and other types of agreements
Manage complex legal matters and participate in cross-functional teams and projects
Manage contract execution, franchise disclosure documents, registrations, customs letters, NDAs and similar work streams
Build relationships with key stakeholders to effectively provide legal advice and counsel to assist the business to meet their objectives
Analyze and evaluate multiple sources of information and data to effectively counsel the business and support leadership
Direct the work of support staff and manage outside counsel. Delegate tasks and projects appropriately within teams
Who you are
- Qualified in US (Juris Doctor) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a reputable law firm or mixture of law firm and in house
- In-house experience is a plus
- Prior relevant work experience in a franchise role is prerequisite namely, knowledge/experience of international franchise laws and general commercial areas such as distributorship, shop in shop, concession and similar agreements
- Proven ability to balance legal and business objectives
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs