About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Under the director of the Senior Director, assist in the development and administration of the Company’s Risk Management program including the insurance budget
What you'll do
- Constantly identify and evaluate risks that may adversely affect the Company. Monitor values/exposures; review and analyze loss data for trends, develop reporting capabilities and make recommendations for changes or improvement
- Prepare Risk Management budgets and cost or risk allocations to Divisions, Corporate and international locations
- Develop insurance specifications and insurance applications for applicable lines of insurance. Work with manager and broker to select limits, programs and strategies for annual insurance renewals. Participate and assist in renewal negotiations with brokers, underwriters and other service providers. Work with manager to maintain on-going relations with insurance broker and underwriters. Use knowledge of industry trends to make recommendations for program modifications and enhancements
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of insurance policies with specifications
- Administer contractual insurance standards for leases and other contracts
- Request Certificate of Insurance from broker to comply with Company’s contract obligations
- Work with insurance companies’ auditors to confirm payroll and sales information provided during insurance renewals
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor
Who you are
- Good working knowledge of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to global insurance including property and liability
- Understanding of risk financing techniques
- Excellent computer skills especially Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment and achieve results
- Ability to handle multiple projects and set priorities
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- All levels within the Company, primary contact with Legal, Finance, Operations and foreign departments along with Domestic and International stores and distribution centers
- Outside Vendors, brokers and insurance companies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; 4-6 years in insurance and/or risk management
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs