About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Has responsibility for Gap Inc. parcel operations in the U.S. and Canadian markets. Develops and drives cost, service, and process improvement initiatives to support needs of Gap Inc.’s supply chain. Areas of focus will include various aspects of Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain including: Outbound (Consumer Direct, General), Retail Store Fulfillment, and Brand Strategies. Develop a strong internal and external network of third party parcel carriers. Additional scope: Assist with Global Parcel Operations DC-based activities and general reporting as necessary, as well as strategic mode selection analysis and supporting transportation programs.
Identifies and implements best practices, and must be able to support other transportation initiatives as necessary.
• Responsibility for supporting the day-to-day activities of local Gap Inc and Carrier Operations team.
• Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting by carrier/service method to ensure adequate carrier capacity.
• Project Manage all Global Parcel initiatives and deliver strategic projects inclusive of Cross Channel and Seamless Inventory projects
• Develop parcel shipping solutions that support strategic initiatives that drive cost, service, and process improvement initiatives
• Create parcel shipping policies and procedures as necessary to drive initiatives in partnership with parcel operations team
• Conduct shipment-level spend and transit analysis to identify cost effectiveness as necessary
• Build strong knowledge of various parcel service levels and has fundamental understanding of parcel pricing
• Develop strong relationships with internal business partners and external suppliers
• Understanding of current shipping processes, sourcing points, and distribution network
• Partners with parcel operations to support go-live execution of new shipping needs with parcel suppliers
• Basic understanding of customs trade compliance to support global parcel needs
• Assists with the development of the annual transportation budget
• Drive change and implement procedures for best practices
• Educate business partners on parcel transportation networks, policies, and carrier base
• Monitor industry trends and shipping best practices
• Ensure Gap Inc. policies are defined in accordance with federal transportation regulations
• Ensures timely and effective communication with suppliers, internal business partners, and carriers utilizing the appropriate channels
• Continually evaluate carrier base to ensure Gap Inc.’s parcel shipping service needs are being delivered
Who you are
• Detail Oriented; Experience with supply chain, logistics functions and transportation systems highly preferred
• Technical experience with report creation
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail
• High level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required: Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to independently prioritize workload according to the needs of the business
• Interpersonal competencies to include customer focus, versatility, creativity, and initiative
• Excellent negotiating skills
• 2-4 years business experience in Logistics or related field/industry preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent preferred
• Travel requirement <25%
• This position is based in Groveport, OH
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.